This recipe is adapted from one I tried when I first began my journey on the Endo Diet. I have since found out which foods are my triggers (gluten, dairy, and soy), and have added a few ingredients back into my baking. If you are just starting out with an anti-inflammatory diet, and are trying to detoxify your body of inflammatory foods, this might be a great one for you. It is hard to say goodbye to our comfort foods, and a hearty muffin goes a long way! This has bright flavor, light texture, and goes great with a little sugar-free jam.
The Endo Diet – Lemon Poppy Seed Blackberry Muffins
Ingredients (all organic):
2 cups gluten-free flour (I used Trader Joes’ brand)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 egg whites
1/4 cup raw wild honey
1 banana, smashed
2 tbs olive oil
2 tsp vanilla
zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 tbs poppy seeds
1 cup blackberries
- Preheat the oven at 350*.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, egg whites, banana, honey, olive oil, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice with a mixer until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients in 3 batches, combining well each time. When batter is smooth, add poppy seeds.
- Fold in blackberries and ladle evenly into muffin pan. My mixture made 10 muffins, filled almost to the top.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool, and enjoy!