Rest assured, tart cherry juice is awesome. Here’s why:
- It tastes amazing – especially if you like tart juices or if you like cherries. I equate it to drinking a thin version of pie filling (you can cut it with water if liquid pie isn’t your idea of a good time).
- It is great for those suffering from chronic inflammation. I drink it to manage pelvic inflammation as a result of endometriosis. I know others who drink it to help manage arthritic inflammation and reduce gout related inflammation.
- Tart cherries have natural pain relieving properties similar to ibuprofen and naproxen.
- A pilot study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that tart cherry juice can help beat insomnia. This is due to the high levels of naturally occurring melatonin found in tart cherry juice.
- Tart cherries are chock full of antioxidants and let’s face it, who doesn’t love a good antioxidant?
- Additional research from the University of Michigan, also published in the Journal of Medicinal Food, found that tart cherries can help to control weight and prevent some of the symptoms that increase the risk of type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
So there you have it, six reasons why you should be drinking cherry juice if you aren’t already.